The Eastern Conference and Border Protection Fair – Borders 2020 Even though we are all struggling with the coronavirus pandemic, we hope that it would soon end or greatly diminish. And we wish it to all of you. Thus, we prepared a proposal of conditional, attractive as well as safe participation in this years’ fair Borders 2020, that are going to take place October 28-29, 2020. For this to take place, the fallowing conditions are a must:
- Formal permission to organize B2B meetings;
- Your acceptance of new regulations and restrictions related to the epidemic risks (e.g. obligatory masks, increased distance between stands, sluice rooms, stands protected with Plexiglas shields, zones with a reduced number of people at the stands etc.);
- Confirmation of participation by patrons as well as border guard and other uniformed services;
- Adequate number of exhibitors for safety requirements and regulations;
- Acceptance of regulations in terms of advance repayment in the event of the fair cancellation for reasons that are not attributable to Targi Lublin.
“Borders 2020” is the only event in Poland devoted to border protection as well as border services. Polish Border Guard has taken honorary patronage over it. However, the fair is aimed at other uniformed services too. These are among others: Territorial Defence Force (WOT), Police, Custom Service as well as sanitation services that work at the borders. The exhibitors are producers of classical equipment and technologies that serve border protection as well as security in general. There are also present IT companies that deliver software for systems at border crossings, airports as well as critical infrastructure. The fair is parallel with a substantive conference that covers issues related to border services, security and the matter of borders in Europe. During the conference, the companies that partake in the fair have an opportunity to present their products to the representatives of the uniformed services. Issues raised during Borders 2020:
- A summary of foregoing modernization of Polish Border Guard – technical and tactical changes that turned it into an advanced uniformed formation,
- Functioning of border services and future challenges in terms of sanitary security at Polish borders in the context of combating and decreasing the results of epidemic – core of the conference,
- The issues of counter-terrorism, bioterrorism as well as hybrid threats at the borders,
- Technical advancements for border protection,
- Cooperation of uniformed services at the borders in times of crisis,
- Airports in the border system – the aspects sanitary security,
- Current tasks of sanitation services at the borders,
- An overview of ongoing programmes of National Revenue Administration,
- Foreign experiences.
BORDER PROTECTION TECHNOLOGIY FIELD TESTS III EDITION III edition of Targi Lublin’s field demonstrations in Okuninka is planned for June/July 2020.